Followers

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Just a matter of time

We get in the dinghy and go to the small restaurant very near where are anchored often. The dinghy dock is a large one with two lower steps on either side. It is the dock we use when we go hiking on Pigeon Island ..... my point is we use it several times a week. Well last night as we were going to meet two boats for dinner we approached and it was quite busy so we proceeded to the opposite side from where we usually go. There was a surge and as I tried to get out of the dinghy onto the dock I lost my grip and my balance and went into the water. I couldn't stop laughing when I came up. I had to swim to shore and walk back to the dock and back to the boat for a quick saltwater rinse off and dry clothes. For years Dawn and Laurie have called me the gazelle mocking me for my sometimes less than graceful entires and departures. But this was the first time I actually fell in! What a hoot!

We are still waiting for customs to go back to work to clear out our outboard motor. Today (Wed) Brian called and they are still striking and tomorrow they will be talking. Maybe Friday at the earliest. All of friends have left the anchorage and gone to Martinique. The anchorage is really quite deserted.



No comments:

Post a Comment